Is your site still HTML? Do you have to code by hand? Or are you still calling a web developer every time you want to make a change? I’m here to tell you that there’s a better way! In order to help make your life and business operations easier, I’m going to tell you about WordPress and why you should consider running your site using this tool.
WordPress is an extremely robust, FREE, and powerful content management system that makes it a piece of cake to create and manage a website without having to call a web designer. While it started out as a blogging platform, it has blossomed into a system with enough features to fit the one-man-show all the way up to the international enterprise. Here are some of the benefits to using WordPress:
- Built-in content management system – The CMS gives you full control of your content. Create, edit, pause or discard web pages, blog posts, lead forms, galleries, and more from one intuitive dashboard.
- Plugins -Much like apps for a smartphone, plugins add functionality to your WordPress site with just a few clicks. Plugins further eliminate your needs for a web designer, because there are plugins for almost anything you can imagine! Social media, ecommerce, analytics, adding media, and so much more.
- Open source software – Developers all over the world are constantly monitoring and improving WordPress, making usability updates, and adding plugins that you can download. This is truly a product by the people for the people.
- Choice of themes – You can convert your existing site entirely as-is, with the same look, feel, and functionality, or you can revamp with a whole new theme. The best part? Applying a new theme takes less than 20 seconds.
- Built-in SEO features – WordPress is designed to facilitate SEO with fields for keywords, metadata, RSS feeds, and more. On top of the built in features, there are plenty of plugins to aid in your SEO as well.
There are plenty more reasons to use WordPress, but today we’ll keep it short and sweet. If you have other questions about WordPress, reach out in the comments!